https://hcbizmarketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/file000856968037.jpg 768 1024 firstname.lastname@example.org https://hcbizmarketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/health-care-business-marketplace-logo-no-tm.png email@example.com 17:56:472015-02-12 17:56:47Top Ten Mistakes Made By Sellers
Top Ten Mistakes Made By Sellers
- Neglecting the day-to-day running of their business with the reasoning that it will sell tomorrow.
- Starting off with too high a price with the assumption the price can always be reduced.
- Assuming that confidentiality is a given.
- Failing to plan ahead to sell / deciding to sell impulsively.
- Expecting that the buyers will only want to see last year’s P&L.
- Negotiating with only one buyer at a time and letting any other potential buyers wait their turn.
- Having to reduce the price because the sellers want to retire and are not willing to stay with the acquirer for any length of time.
- Not accepting that the structure of the deal is as important as the price.
- Trying to win every point of contention.
- Dragging out the deal and not accepting that time is of the essence.
© Copyright 2015 Business Brokerage Press, Inc.
Photo Credit: jppi via morgueFile